As some of you may know, by either my Instagram, Facebook, or me just reminding you how many days I have left till I set sail (Love you Meg). I am cruising in the Caribbean this week. Being able to relax and be disconnected from my cellular device is something I thoroughly appreciate. I’m not going to go off on a long tangent about how I love not having my phone, but I don’t have to talk to anyone I don’t want to and not feel rude about it. Just kidding, but it is really nice to be in the present and talk with the other passengers aboard the ship. So… more reasons and pictures of why cruising is worth it:
#1 Family Oriented
- The cruises in the past and present, I have gone on with my family. This means there is a lot of great quality time with them and you can’t hide behind your phone and pretend to listen. I know, some of you may think this is torture, just like my sister. She is currently dying without Snap Chat. But it allows you to bond and reminisce on all the fun and hilarious stories from the past. You also meet other families on board who are coming to disconnect just like you. You meet so many great people with new stories to listen too!
#2 The FOOD
- Okay this is the most important part. Food is apart of every single gathering you have probably had. Think about it. Has there ever been an event where there hasn’t been food? Because I definitely haven’t. Imagine a kitchen the size of a football field with delicious, perfectly cooked food flowing out of it 24/7. Yeah, that is my paradise right now. You eat and drink all day/night long. For breakfast, I order room service and have them bring myself a cup of coffee and my sister a fruit plate. And then we adventure up to the buffet where it is all you can eat. Thank goodness I am gluten free and don’t get sucked in by all the pancakes, waffles and donuts. But I can’t say the same for my sister (lol)! Next is lunch time, where you go back to the same room as breakfast and they have all you can eat with a wide variety of food to make your selection from. You stuff yourself and then go back out to the pool deck for some more tanning time. And the final meal is dinner. Oh dinner. This is where your waiter serves you and you can get endless amounts of bread, appetizers, entrees, and desserts. That’s right, you can get 1, 2, or more of each thing, you aren’t limited! And this food is so good you to fill up your bellies and then go into a food coma at night. It is the best thing ever, but you are going to have to do a full body detox diet when you get home! Lastly, in the middle of all this great food, you have ice cream and pizza. I can’t tell you how many times my sister and I have gone to get pizza (they have gluten free don’t worry!) and ice cream, it is embarrassing! But the moral of this long paragraph, the food itself is the only reason you should come on the cruise!
#3 The Relaxation
- You have all the time in the world to do whatever it is that you want to do. You don’t have to get up at a certain time and you do everything on your own time. Unless you get off the ship at an island and they have a time when the boat leaves the port. Don’t miss that because the captain will leave without you! Needless to say you can sleep all day at the pool and no one can tell you otherwise!
#4 The Ocean
- The ocean is one of my favorite places on earth. If you give me a beach and the ocean I will be the happiest person alive. I love being able to go to the top deck of the ship and just look out at the miles and miles of the ocean. It seems never ending. I can’t help but think about how beautiful God made this world. It gives me the chills just thinking about it.
#5 The Pools
- There are a number of pools dedicated to adults, everyone and kids. You see kids all over the place showing off by jumping in the pool and turning around to their parents smiling. You see older couples enjoying life in the hot tub. And you see the teenage boys doing cannonballs trying to get the girls wet. The pool deck is the central focus on the ship where everyone comes to have fun, flirt and enjoy where they are.
#6 The Diversity
- There are so many people speaking so many different languages. So many different nationalities are represented on the ship and you get to interact with so many different cultures. For me, this is the coolest thing because no matter where you come from, you all can enjoy the same thing. Honestly I wish going on a cruise would lead to world peace!
#7 The Crew
- The people working on the ship are the nicest and funniest people I have ever met. They are so accommodating and make sure you have the best time possible. The waiter and waitress at dinner are amazing because they have my gluten free bread sitting at my place at the table, and they have my sisters drink order waiting for her. They really want to make you feel special and pampered.
#8 People Watching
- If you are like me in any way, people watching is a sport. I grab my lounge chair and watch people all day long. For me, this is relaxing and also entertaining. You see how different cultures interact. And you also see many wipeouts happen whether it is a kid slipping on the pool deck or watch a boy run into a pole because he was staring at a cute girl… now that was hilarious.
#9 The Quiet Time
- Some of you may think this is the same thing as relaxing. But for me, my quiet time consists of my Bible and journal. I have found the best spot on the ship to just get away and have some quality time with the God who allows me to be here. This time is something that I would never compromise for anything because God took time to make me unique and original to be a vessel for Him. One thing I have been focusing on during this vacation is God’s presence and knowing He is there even when I don’t feel Him, He is there. It is very comforting to know that I am not alone even though I am sitting on the pool deck by myself. If I can encourage anyone, take time out of your day to spend time in the Word. It is so powerful and can transform your life.
#10 The New Adventures
- Lastly, you experience so many new things and places on a cruise. I have been to Jamaica, Cozumel, Cayman Islands, Sint Maarten, St Thomas, and now Haiti, St Kitts and Puerto Rico. Our destination yesterday was Haiti. Haiti was absolutely gorgeous with and even better weather. We relaxed on the beach in 90-degree, sunny weather all day long. It rained a little in the morning but that didn’t stop the kids from playing the puddles! Today we stop in San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is going to be filled with lots of shopping and enjoying the culture around us. My family didn’t sign up for any excursions because we just want to adventure around and make our own memories.
I hope I have convinced all of you to go on a cruise in your future whether it is a family vacation or a trip with your friends! It is a vacation that you will be telling your grandkids about in the future because my siblings and I still talk about all the past cruises we have been on. I will see you all in a week when I get back home in lovely Ohio… Hopefully it isn’t too cold and I won’t loose my tan.
Xoxo -A ❤